Dundrum Credit Union
Dundrum Credit Union's Core Values
Accountability, Caring, Integrity, Social Responsibility, Fairness and Transparency.
Accountability means we are answerable to our members and the community.
Caring means we focus on people, not profit.
Integrity is about being honest and truthful in all our dealings, be they with members, suppliers, volunteers or staff.
Social Responsibility means doing the right thing by members, for example through responsible lending practices.
Fairness means treating all members equally well, by affording equal access to a range of loan products, at a fair price, for all members.
Transparency means that everything we do is in the public eye and must therefore be fit to be seen.
The Credit Union Difference
- We're different because we put people before profit
- We're different because our members are our owners
- We're different because our surplus is used to improve products and services
- We're different because we have no transaction fees
- We're different because we believe in change
Why Borrow From Us
A loan from Dundrum Credit Union has many benefits unmatched elsewhere, including:
- Low Cost Loans at very reasonable interest rates, from 5.95%(6.11%APR)
- Standard Loan Rate only 9.95% (10.42%APR)
- No penalty for early repayment of loan balance
- Interest is only charged on the reducing loan balance - you only pay interest on what you owe.
- Loans can be paid by Direct Debit or Salary Deduction - so no need to queue.
- Your loan application will receive speedy consideration - many loans are paid out instantly.
- You can make an application at the Credit Union office, by phone or online at http://www.dundrumcu.ie/.
- To find out more about a Credit Union loan and how we can help, contact us today at 1850 747 100.
- Terms & Conditions Apply
Dundrum Credit Union is a member of the Irish Credit Bureau, which enables us to make faster decisions in providing credit and assists us in the avoidance of over indebtedness of members. When applying for a loan you will be asked to consent to a data disclosure statement, which will authorise us to do a credit enquiry, if required and to register your details with the ICB.
Saving with Dundrum Credit Union is one of the best choices you can make.
By saving with Dundrum Credit Union, you're not just another customer, but an active member of a highly successful financial co-operative, which provides security and protection for your savings.
Members of the Credit Union come together to save on a regular, secure basis, and from this fund, to provide loans to each other. A dividend is usually paid to every member once a year.
How to Save
Each €1 saved is equivalent to a single share. You can save any amount as often as you choose.
The fund of shares which builds up forms part of a common fund, from which members are eligible to take loans. This is why we ask members to increase their shares by at least €1 each week when repaying a loan, to allow others get loans too. Through this, members help each other by saving and borrowing money.
Security & Life Insurance
All of the savings of the Credit Union members are guaranteed, up to a maximum of €100,000 under the Government Deposit Guarantee Scheme. Dundrum Credit Union is a member of the ILCU Savings Protection Scheme, which also helps protect members' shares.
Dundrum Credit Union also operates Life Savings Insurance. Under this scheme, an additional amount, extra to the savings held is paid out upon death of a member, subject to terms and conditions.